Ice is Ready
Public skating begins Sun Oct 4 at 2:00 pm and ends at 4:00 pm. But, as with everything, there are protocols to be recognized. This is a brief summary. The entire document with details can be found at hanna.ca/arena
- Enter through the door marked entrance and proceed to the self-assessment area, following the arrows.
- Occupancy is limited to 50 skaters.
- Skaters may be asked by facility staff to leave after the first hour if there are others waiting to skate. This will be assessed on the hour.
- Skaters are to arrive dressed for skating
- Spectator seating is limited.
Behind the Scenes
The Parks & Rec Team wanted to demonstrate how the lines are made on the ice. Kevin is controlling the pivot in the center to ensure accuracy. Edwin is rolling the tape and wearing a backpack sprayer to place a thin layer of water over the tape. Shane is following sealing the line so that it’s clean, flat and doesn’t contain wrinkles or bubbles.
Be sure to let these guys know if you enjoyed this video and would like to see more!