Town Office

Our Community



COVID-19 Income Supports

updated Apr 22

Local Supports

Town of Hanna Utility Deferrals – details and deadlines if you face financial hardship.  Citizens are encouraged to use the Government assistance programs to continue with their payments.  A deferral is not a grant.  

Town Pre-Authorized Montly Payment Suspension Requests – you may request to suspend pre-authorized utility or tax payments.  This is not a grant program.

Hanna Learning Centre is your go-to resource.  Staff are assisting individuals with CERB, EI and Coal Workforce Transition Program Applications. or 403-854-2099 for appointments.  Staff are working regular schedules but doors are open for scheduled appointments.

Provincial Supports

Support for Employers

Income Support Program  Income Support can help you and your family with basic living costs and other necessities. Depending on your needs and situation you may be eligible to receive assistance through Alberta’s Income Support program. It is income/asset tested for your entire household and “ongoing” and/or “emergency benefit” streams


NOTE: the Alberta Supports Contact Centre is not able to provide assistance accessing the Provincial Emergency Isolation or Federal COVID-19 benefits.  Please visit for that information.

On Mar 22, 2020 the Assistant Deputy Minister for Alberta Community and Social Services advised that Alberta Supports Centres and program offices will temporarily suspend in-person services effective Monday, March 23.  Staff will continue to assist Albertans who need service online and by telephone.

People currently receiving supports and need assistance are to call their caseworker directly, their local program office.  Staff are available during regular business hours.

People who want to apply for Income Support or AISH, or are looking for more information about other services can call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992 or 780-644-9992.  Anyone needing emergency supports should call 1-866-644-5135, 24/7.

Federal Supports

Service Canada

If an individual requires assistance with critical services or benefits, they can complete a service request form at  One the request is submitted a Service Canada representative wil make contact within 2 business days at the phone number provided.  Service Canada Outreach Support Centre 1-800-631-2657  Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 4:00 pm

CERB Canada’s Emergency Response Benefit 

Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers:   To support businesses that are facing revenue losses and to help prevent lay-offs, the government is providing eligible small employers a temporary wage subsidy for a period of three months. The subsidy will be equal to 10% of remuneration paid during that period, up to a maximum subsidy of $1,375 per employee and $25,000 per employer. Businesses will be able to benefit immediately from this support by reducing their remittances of income tax withheld on/ their employees’ remuneration. Employers benefiting from this measure will include corporations eligible for the small business deduction, as well as non-profit organizations and charities.

Work-Share Program  designed to help employers and employees avoid layoffs when there is a temporary reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer. Employer Contact Centre: 1-800-367-5693. Extending Work-Sharing program: The Government of Canada is Implementing the EI Work Sharing Program, which provides EI benefits to workers who agree to reduce their normal working hour as a result of developments beyond the control of their employers, by extending the eligibility of such agreements to 76 weeks, easing eligibility requirements, and streamlining the application process. This was announced by the Prime Minister on March 11, 2020.

News Related to COVID-19

Dr. Fortna May 19

Dr. Fortna provides an update and answers your questions.

Mayor Warwick May 2021

As Council prepares to pass their final Budget and Tax Rate Bylaw, I am...

Wave 3 is Here

Dr. Fortna provides an update on the latest COVID-19 restrictions for our area, vaccinations, variant cases, and answers your questions.