- This event has passed.
Canada Day Public Swim
Wed July 1 at 4:00 pm to 8:00 pmFree
Canada Day 2020 is Unique
updated June 30 at 2:00 pm: It has been determined that there will be changes to the June 30 Fireworks and possibly the July 1 Flag Raising. Please see the revised schedule below.
Tues June 30
11:00 pm Fireworks at Fox Lake Park
(Postponed to Wed. July 1 at 11:00 pm. If the weather does not cooperate for Wed. July 1, the final option will be Fri. July 3)
Protocols for Fireworks: You are encouraged to remain in your vehicle to maintain social distancing. If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms please do not attend.
Wed July 1
10:00 am – Canada Day Golf Tournament. Please register and pay in advance at the Club House.
11:00 am – Flag Raising at RCMP Park
(In the event of inclement weather, the Flag Raising will be held inside the Community Centre with limited spaces as per COVID-19 regulations)
Protocols for Flag Raising: Please respect all Social Distancing protocols including wearing a mask if you choose. It is also recommended you bring your own lawn chair. It is imperative that you do not attend if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms.
11:00 am to Noon: Canada Day Daytime Show Streaming Online
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm – Family Fun at the Pool – restrictions apply
3:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Farmers’ Market at the Curling Rink
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Public Swimming – restrictions apply
5:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Canada Day Evening Show Streaming Online
11:00 pm – Fireworks (will be moved to Fri, July 3 if weather is not cooperative)
Virtually Oh Canada! Canada Day 2020
Wherever you are across the country, you will be able to enjoy Canada Day midday and evening shows on Canadian Heritage’s social media sites, and on CBC and Radio-Canada, virtual interactive activities as well as online content especially crafted for Canada Day. The Canada Day 2020 Celebration Kit has activities of all kinds for all to enjoy from home.
- The Maple Leaf activity pack focuses on arts and culture;
- The Peace Tower activity pack looks at Canadian history, symbols and traditions;
- The Beaver activity pack is geared toward being outdoors and physical activity;
- The O Canada activity pack features culinary activities;
- Jump into online activities and join as we explore different facets of Canada with renowned Canadian personalities such as Chef Ricardo, former football planer Etienne Boulay and travel vlogger Gunnarolla.
- Take part in online challenges
- Enjoy virtual Canada Day celebrations happening in cities and communities across the country
- 11:00 am to Noon: Canada Day Daytime Show hosted by Sereno Ryder and Pierre-Yves Lord. Discover talented artists from Sudbury, Montreal, Quebec, Moncton, Winnipeg, Yellowknife, and Calgary.
- 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm: Canada Day Evening Show hosted by Serena Ryder and Pierre-Yves Lord, the show features original artistic collaborations between performers from coast to coast in including stops in Halifax, Toronto, and Vancouver. Wind up the evening with a montage of the best Canada Day fireworks from past years.