Town of Hanna COVID-19 Update
December 11, 2020: As per the new Provincial COVID-19 Regulations announced by the Province on December 8, 2020, the impact to the Town of Hanna Operations is detailed as follows. These restrictions will remain in effect until January 12, 2021 at minimum and will be subject to further time extensions from the Province of Alberta.
The new measures include many restrictions and closures for various service industries, including the Town of Hanna recreation facilities and events.
Impacts to Town services and facilities are listed below:
Provincial Regulation states that face masks are mandatory effective December 8, 2020 in all:
- indoor public places
- places of worship
- indoor workplaces and facilities outside the home, except:
- when working alone in an office or a safely distanced cubicle or a barrier is in place
The Town Office remains open to the public
• Everyone is encouraged to conduct their business over the phone or online whenever possible. Call 403-854-4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Payment methods can be made on-line, through the mail and or through e-transfer
• With the mandatory work from home regulation in place as of December 13, 2020 Town Office staff on site will be reduced significantly and as a result, the office will be closed from 12 – 1PM daily.
Centennial Place, Arena, Curling Rink, Community Centre and Library are closed to the public as of the end of the day Sat, Dec 12, 2020.
• Kiddies Korner Playschool according to Provincial Regulation, are still allowed to operate and will be using their leased space in Centennial Place with COVID-19 protocols in place.
• All passholders will see their passes suspended, including payments, until the facility can be opened to the public.
Hanna Cares – Hanna FCSS will continue to provide supports and services
- to families over the phone and online including information and referrals. Please call 403-854-4433 or visit hanna.ca/help
Garbage pickup will continue as usual.
Emergency services within the town are not affected.
Additional public health measures than the ones identified above come into effect on December 13th that will affect the retail businesses in our community. Learn more at www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
For more information please contact:
Town of Hanna for general and customer service inquiries at 403-854-4433 or via email at email@example.com
In the spirit of the coming holiday season and during these challenging times, remember that small acts of kindness and compassion are ways we can care for our family, neighbors and friends.
Please follow Public Health Orders as recommended by health professionals to help prevent the spread during this Global Pandemic.