During the budget process, Administration included ~$1.6 million for a major 2020 infrastructure project. The majority of the project funding is derived from the Municipal Sustainabiolity Initiative Capital Grant program for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020. Rounding off the amount is Federal Gas Tax funds from 2018 & 2019.
On March 3, a total of five tenders were received ranging from the low tender of ~$1.25 million to the high tender of ~$1.41 million. It is expected that the engineering costs will be $167,000 on top of that.
On March 10 Council approved the awarding of the tender to Rubydale Asphalt Works (2006) Ltd in the amount of $1,246,543 plus GST. With the addition of the engineering and associated costs, the final expense will be $1,413,543.
The following areas included in the 2020 project are as follows:
- Stephens Crescent – Core and Pave
- Pioneer Trail from Highway 9 to South Municipal Road – Mill and Pave
- Shacker Crescent the SE portion connecting to Winkler Drive – Core and Pave
- Construction of a gravel road connecting West Industrial Road and Roundhouse Road
- 1 Street West between Railway Ave and 1 Avenue West