Do you remember this link?
This is a reminder to check the online street cleaning map every evening. It will be updated to reflect the streets that are completed and the streets that are scheduled to be plowed next.
Changes if any, will be live after 5:00 pm each day and you will be able to see if your street is the next area in line for snow removal. For best results, please have your vehicles removed before 8:00 am. Don’t risk being blocked in!
The streets on the map are color-coded as explained in the image. If you live in the red zone, be a good neighbor and move your vehicles off the street.
As a general rule, after a heavy snowfall, the snow is cleared in the following order:
- Perimeter roads (Palliser, Fox Lake Trail, and Pioneer Trail).
- Roads where snow can be cleared quickly using the plow truck such as South Municipal Road, JC Charyk.
- 2nd Ave (Main Street) and the side streets in the downtown.
- Main collector streets to JC Charyk School.
- Residential streets, avenues, and crescents.
- Cemetery roads if required for a funeral.
But, There Are Other Factors
Always, the information provided above is affected by a number of factors:
- Continual snowfall and the forecast.
- Vehicles parked on the streets making it difficult to maneuver the equipment.
- Ease of access.
- Equipment needed.
- Other work that takes priority such as a water break.
In all cases, please be patient and avoid driving on streets where men and equipment are working.