Update from Dr. Fortna May 5, 2021
Highlights effective as of the date and time of recording
- 11 active cases in the area
- This translates to a rate of 242 per 100,000
- We are NOT in a high transmission area at this time
- All schools in the province will return to online learning
- Personal services such as hair salons can remain at the same level of service
- Children’s outdoor activities may remain at the same level. (practices only, still no games)
- 69% of active cases in our area are variants of concern
- NOTE: Stettler in the top 6 in the province at a rate of 958 cases per 100,000
- Effective May 6 anyone born in 1991 or earlier are eligible to receive their vaccine.
- Effective May 10 anyone over the age of 12 is eligible.
- The risk of a blood clot due to the AstraZeneca vaccine is 1 in 100,000.
Thank you Dr. Fortna, Dr. Imarhiagbe, Dr. Hanna and Dr. Mdawe. You and the health care staff at the medical clinic, long term care, and the hospital are truly appreciated.