Opportunities with the Town of Hanna
Hanna’s job market is strong! There are frequently great career opportunities in many different industries from trades to healthcare. There is a demand for all levels of positions from entry-level to senior positions that can be found through, the local newspapers, the Hanna Sentinel and The Coffee Break. The Career Centre at the Lynks Centre also has a job board for posting positions and staff trained to assist people with securing a job.
Through the year, the Town of Hanna has openings for employment or contract positions. All are posted on this website as well as through local media.
Public Works Operator 3
Closing Oct 15, 2023
The Town of Hanna is seeking an experienced individual for the position of Public Works Operator. This position requires a team member who is adaptable, motivated and able to perform physical labour.
The Public Works department of the Town of Hanna is responsible for the maintenance of streets & roads, the airport, water lines & distribution, wastewater collection & treatment, garbage collection, the municipal cemetery, vehicles, and equipment.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the operator would be responsible for:
- Operating & servicing a variety of both light and heavy-duty equipment such as backhoes, loaders, sweepers, and trucks, including tandem axle dump trucks.
- Using all types of hand tools. (manual or powered, skilled or non-skilled.)
- Assisting in the maintenance of roads, utilities, buildings and equipment.
- Assisting in the operation of water distribution, wastewater collection & treatment, and garbage collections systems in a safe, effective and efficient manner, at all times within the requirements of the current License to Operate.
- Assisting in the repair and maintenance of town vehicles and equipment.
- A valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license is required (air brake endorsement is an asset)
- Experience with a variety of equipment is required.
- Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of municipal infrastructure and reporting would be an asset.
This position is based on a 40-hour work week (typically Monday to Friday). The salary grid is $52,122 – $60,424. The Town of Hanna offers a supportive work environment, full benefits and LAPP pension.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including a cover letter and a list of work-related references to the address below. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Send resumes via mail or email to the attention of:
Brent Olesen, Director of Public Works
Mail: Box 430, 302 2 Avenue West, Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
Ph: (403) 854-4433
Visit https://hanna.ca/contact-us to confidentially upload and submit your documents.
Closing date is Oct 15, 2023.
Applications are accepted year-round for Centennial Place customer service. This job is mostly evenings and weekends.
Temporary and Seasonal Positions
Nothing available at present.
Bids, Tenders and Proposals
Bids will be posted in accordance with the regulations provided by the Province of Alberta, using Alberta Purchasing Connection. Local opportunities, that come under the threshold for the Gov of AB regulations, will be provided to those who hold a business license within the Town of Hanna and possibly sent in our electronic newsletter.
The following application forms are available for your convenience. You are encouraged to submit your own resume to firstname.lastname@example.org