Epic Adventures Summer Program
Our trained, enthusiastic, and engaging staff interact with your children in a fun summer day camp environment. We are focused on providing caring leaders that will support and encourage your child during their adventures with us. To ensure a quality experience, the Town of Hanna trains all leaders who are working with children, in HIGH FIVE® ‘Principles of Healthy Child Development’ (PHCD) and Standard First Aid. Other opportunities for professional development are also encouraged when available.
Sydney is back! This is Sydney McMillin’s fourth summer working for the Town of Hanna. Sydney is a post-secondary student working towards her Bachelor of Education. She brings leadership, a wealth of resources, and a love of children that will make this summer ‘EPIC’ once again.
HIGH FIVE® Trained
HIGH FIVE® is Canada’s quality standard for children’s recreation and sport.
As a registered HIGH FIVE® organization, we believe in the power of making a difference in children’s lives through giving them the ‘best way to play’.
HIGH FIVE® helps to ensure your child is in good hands and will enjoy a positive experience in our programs.
2023 Program Details
Lunch and Snack
- Lunch will be at 12:00 noon.
- Centennial Place is a nut-free building so please do not pack anything in your child’s lunch or snacks that contain nuts.
- There is a microwave to heat up lunches.
- A snack will be provided every morning and afternoon.
What to Bring
Adventurers are asked to bring the following items every day:
- Hat and sunscreen,
- Nut-free lunch (snacks can also be brought),
- Swimsuit & towel,
- Water bottle,
- Footwear to be active,
- Weather-appropriate clothing.
Pick-up and Drop-Off
Mon -Thurs our day will begin at 9:00 am and end at 4:00 pm.
Fri is 9:00 am to Noon.
Please ensure your child is picked up by 4:30 pm and dropped off no earlier than 8:30 am.
Each child must be signed in and signed out daily. If your child is coming and leaving from Epic Adventures on their own, they must have written permission provided to Sydney from a parent. If your child is to go home with someone other than who they came with, they will need to bring a letter signed by a parent or guardian saying that they are permitted to leave with the other person.
Every Monday a newsletter will be available to take home. This newsletter will inform you of the weekly schedule including what to expect each day as well as any important information.
There is also a Google Classroom that you will receive an invite to when you register. This will also send you reminders and what to pack for trips. Photos will be uploaded so you can see what we are doing at Epic!
Important Dates 2023
- Jul 3 – Epic Begins!
- July 12 – Trip to Buckbrush
- Aug 3 – Trip to Prairie Oasis
- Aug 8 – Trip to Prairie Oasis
- Aug 9 – Tyrrell Museum
- Aug 15 – Trip to Prairie Oasis
- Aug 17 – Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
- Aug 22 – Flying Squirrel Trampoline Park
- Aug 24 – Trip to Prairie Oasis
- Aug 23 – Red Deer Treehouse
It is important to know that the number of participants for field trips is capped at 20. Be sure to register ahead of time for these dates. Also, there will be a waiting list so if your child is unable to make it, let Sydney know 24 hours before so we can give someone else the opportunity to go on the trip.
There will be no regular program held at Centennial Place on Field Trip days.
Themes for 2023
- July 3-7: Little Picasso’s
- July 10-14: Animal Planet
- July 17-21: Festive Fun
- July 24-28: All Around the World
- July 31 – Aug 4: Dreamland
- Aug 8-11: Retro Recapture
- Aug 14-18: All Stars
- Aug 21-25: Carnival
Fees for 2023
All fees listed below are per child.
- Full day: $35
- Half day: $20
- Per Week: $140
- Per Month: $500
A family rate is available if there is more than one child attending from the same family.
- Family Per Week: $120/child
- Family Per Month: $450/child
We prefer your child to be registered at least one day prior to the day they are attending. This allows us to be better prepared.
How to Pay
Details on any of the following methods can be found at hanna.ca/payment-methods. If paying in person, please pay at Centennial Place.
- E-transfer to email@example.com (be sure to include the name of the camper)
- Option-Pay using Credit Card. (fees apply)
- Financial assistance may be available through the Community Youth Fund.
- Payment arrangements can be made if needed.
- Receipts will be issued upon payment. Duplicate receipts will not be issued.
Music in the Park
Back for 2023!
Offered Sundays through July and August, Music in the Park aims to bring people together to enjoy professional music and Hanna’s Hector King-Hunter Park.