Send a Message to Staff
Chief Administrative Officer
Director of Corporate Services
- Ensures the directives of Council are carried out
- Guides the municipality and advises Council in the management of all fiscal, organizational and service challenges
- Accountable to Council for the policy, direction and program delivery for all departments.
- Guides the senior leadership team
- Prepares and reports on budgets, policies, bylaws, financial reports, and recommendations for Council
- Human Resources including hiring, payroll and benefits records
- Prepares and submits reports to the Province of Alberta
Director of Business &
Send a Message to an Elected Official
Mayor Danny Povaschuk
Privacy: Your name and email address are collected in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada for the purpose of responding to your written questions or concerns. Town of Hanna will not disclose personal information to any third parties, other than to a Town of Hanna agent. Written letters can be forwarded to Box 430 or delivered to 302 2nd Avenue West. Anonymous correspondence will not be considered official.
Councillor Sandra Beaudoin
Councillor Fred Crowle
Councillor Sandra Murphy
Councillor Kyle Olsen
Councillor Angie Warwick
Councillor Vern Thuroo
Community Services Department
What We Do
- Encourage and support recreation, leisure, and cultural opportunities for citizens.
- Maintain and operate facilities which include a pool, sater slide, spray park, arena, curling rink, community centre, and a variety of meeting and gym spaces.
- Maintain and operate parks and green spaces including ball diamonds, soccer fields, parks, playgrounds, boulevards, and green spaces.
- Maintain playground equipment, benches, fences, and irrigation systems.
- Maintain cemetery grass, flowers, and trees.
- Ensures personal well-being, quality of life, and a strong, active sense of community through programs and services.
- Family & Community Support Services (FCSS)
- Assists and meets with community groups
- Emergency Social Services
Business & Communication
What We Do
- Facilitates professional and effective communication between the Town of Hanna and the public
- Manages and updates the Town website
- Manages and monitors social media accounts
- Ensures consistency in brand usage
- Operates and manages community event kiosks and calendar
- Works with not-for-profit community groups to assist with promoting events
- Designs and submits weekly advertising to the Hanna Herald
- Works with media partners
- Designs and delivers both a paper-based newsletter (bi-monthly) and electronic newsletter (4-6 times per month)
- Manages hardware, software, and licensing for staff and elected officials
- Provides and promotes technology-based training for staff as required including cyber-security
- Provides technical assistance to all members of staff and council
- Network planning and public internet hot-spots and access
- Emergency Public Information Officer – liaise between the public, the media and Emergency Management agency
The Public Works Department is responsible for maintenance of streets & roads, airport, water lines & distribution, wastewater collection & treatment, garbage collection, regional waste system, equipment and vehicles.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain the Town’s fleet of vehicles and equipment
- Maintain streets, roads, and pedestrian and traffic control devices
- Maintains water mains, wastewater lines, and storm drainage mains
- Water & wastewater
- Cemetery roads, burials, monuments, and associated foundations.
- Street Sweeping and Snow Removal
The Town contracts out garbage and recycling, larger utility repairs, and specific road or other infrastructure maintenance projects which are also managed through the Public Works Department.
What We Do
- Respond to complaints and questions regarding unsightly property and commercial and residential development
- Weed inspections
- Issue compliance orders regarding bylaw infractions.
- Respond to complaints regarding animal control including the lending of skunk traps
- Business licensing applications and approvals
- Issue home occupation permits and compliance certificates
- Review and make recommendations regarding land use and planning documents
- Investigate and enforce parking concerns, primarily trailers and RV’s
- Develop policies and inspection reports for employee health and safety
- Review and update the Municipal Emergency Management Plan
- Coordinate training for emergency management and disaster services