Hours of Operation for 2021 Season
Swimming Lesson Registration Form
Please print and complete to register for swimming lessons for the 2021 season.
Pool - Season Pass Form
Season Pass for 2021 season. Please complete and submit with payment at the pool.
Important Dates for 2021 Season
Schedules for 2021
Red Cross Lessons
Lessons are dependent upon minimum registration so all sessions will not necessarily offer all levels. Private Lessons may be available during the above session dates. Payment methods available include Cash, Debit, Cheque, e-Transfer and Credit (fees apply)
Bronze Medallion/Bronze Cross Combined ($270)
Bronze Medallion is the first course required to become a lifeguard and is the prerequisite to Bronze Cross which is required to teach swimming lessons. Anyone interested in working at a pool needs to start with this course!
The Hanna Pool & Waterslide is utilized for various activities which include: swimming lessons, public swimming, aqua-fit classes and organized swim activities, just to name a few.
- Children under 9 years of age MUST be accompanied by a person 12 years of age or older.
- In the event that there is no pool rental the facility will be closed and there will be no staff at the pool.
- Alberta Health regulations require that all infants must wear disposable swim diapers while in the pool area.
- Family Rate includes members of the same immediate family, one of whom is a parent, legal guardian or grandparent accompanying a dependent under the age of 18. Max 2 adults.
How much does it cost to use the pool?
effective Jan 2020
6 – 17 years
18 – 64 years
65 + years
Must include adult
|Plunge Cards* (12 admissions):||$50.00||$70.00||$60.00||n/a||$70.00|
* Plunge Cards and Season passes can be used for Aqua Fitness
|Levels 1 – 4||$45.00|
|Levels 5 – 8||$50.00|
|Levels 9 – 10||$60.00|
|National Lifeguard Service||Cost Recovery|
|5 lessons of 30-minute length||$82.50|
|5 lessons of 45-minute length||$115.50|
|5 lessons of 60-minute length||$154.00|
Locker rentals are $11 / season for a small and $16.50 / season for a large locker.
A full refund, less an administration fee, will be issued if the participant withdraws prior to the date of the first lesson or rental.
Preschool Levels: $5.00
Other Lessons: $10.00
Pool Rentals: $20.00
Can I rent the pool for a private event?
Absolutely! Please contact the pool to find out availability. Rates are as follows:
|0 – 30 people||$96.80 / hour||$141.90 / hour|
|31 – 60 people||$147.40 / hour||$176.00 / hour|
|61+ people||$181.50 / hour||$226.60 / hour|
|Swim Meets||$100.00 / hour|
A full refund, less $20 administration fee will be issued if the renter withdraws prior to the date of the rental.
How can I register for swimming lessons?
Registration begins in the middle of May before the pool opens. Be sure to watch the website, the Hanna Herald, social media and if you want to be notified before hand, please sign up for our e-News. Additional registrations will be accepted at the pool following registration night.
Do I pay for my five year old child?
No, rates begin at age 6.
Where do I find the schedules?
Schedules, once they become available can be found on this page and picked up at the pool or at the Town Office.
Why must I be at "arms reach" with my child?
Even though the Town of Hanna employs Lifeguards, they can’t be watching every child all the time. Your children are ultimately safer if you are nearby to help them in the event they need it.
My four year old swims like a fish! Way better than my 8 year old! Who decides if they can go in the pool without me? What age or skill level is used?
According to the National Lifesaving Society, any child 8 and under needs to be accompanied by someone 12 or older and within arms reach. Staff can administer a ‘swim test’ to assess if the child has the skills to be able to swim unassisted in the water. If the child, who is 8 or younger is successful, they still need to be accompanied but do not need to be within arms reach. Please consult with the pool staff for clarification.
I would like to be able to take my 5 year old grandson to the kiddie pool to play while I read my book in the shade of the covered benches. Do I have to pay?
Yes, you are still required to pay because you still need to be in the water within arms reach of your child. The size and abilities of the swimmer may allow a broader use of the pools. Lifeguards have the ability to assess the skills, abilities and comfort levels.
Located south of the Hanna Pool and Waterslide, the Spray Park is a brand new outdoor accessible space for residents of all ages to enjoy at no cost when visiting the nearby park and playground. The splash pad is surrounded by rubberized flooring connecting to the adjacent washrooms and outdoor shower.
Colourful water features provide fun for all ages, including:
- The super splash bucket that fills and tips gallons of water every two minutes disburses into a roaring waterfall.
- Two water tubes that shoot water
- An umbrella with cascading water to run through or stand under.
- A leaning tower that sprays water outward using eight different nozzles
- Water blooms that spray different levels of water from the floor
- Jet streams that spray up to 3’ high
- An area designed specifically with little people in mind. The area includes a pot that fills and spills gently into trays allowing the water to cascade. There’s also a small gentle jet stream.
- When not in use, the water features become dormant, but when someone wants to play, the features are activated with the touch of a hand.
Construction of the Hanna Spray Park was a combined effort between a committee of dedicated resident volunteers, the Town of Hanna, Special Areas #2 and the Province of Alberta (Community Facility Enhancement Program).